There’s no doubt about it, over the past year or two, infographics have become big business! In an online world dominated by noise and dull content (and short attention spans), infographics have paved the way for presenting a huge amount of data in a much more visually appealing way.
Recruiters love them too. Do a quick search on Google or Pintrest for “recruitment infographics” and you will find lots of informative recruitment infographics covering everything from recruitment trends to social recruiting.
But how about using them as part of your recruitment process?
We came across a superb infographic by an organisation in Belgium called Kite Consultants who used an infographic to help recruit consultants – see the infographic in its full glory below.
The infographic does a great job of giving the jobseeker lots of useful (and fun) information about the employer and the role itself – and is almost certainly likely to be shared by others for the clever use of marketing, if not for the job!
Here are 5 benefits of using infographics for recruitment:
- Create viral magnets – people love to share clever infographics on websites, blogs and social media – all generating valuable awareness for your vacancy. In fact, infographics are 9 times more likely to be re-tweeted or liked on Social Media!
- Improve SEO and traffic – the viral nature of infographics, means you create more ‘noise’ in search engines (Google loves social signals) which in turn means more traffic will be driven to your careers site or careers blog
- Increase employer brand awareness – that new infographic you created for a ‘Professor in Biology’ has just gone viral – along with your employer brand! Infographics therefore help to promote your employer brand to a wide, global audience.
- ‘Images paint a thousand words’ – Its proven that humans absorb imagery much faster than text information so you can use infographics to convey job information much more effectively to jobseekers
- Look like a leading employer – A clever infographic can make you look much more innovative and forwarding thinking than the competition
Kite Consultants Infographic
Seen any good infographics? If you’ve seen or even created any useful recruitment infographics, please sound off in the comments box below and share your favourites