In April, jobs.ac.uk conducted an online survey with our jobseeker audience to get an insight into job searching activity and trends within the academic, research, science and related sectors.
680 jobseekers took part in the research and we think the infographic below does a pretty good job of summarising the results.
- Two thirds are actively seeking new opportunities
- The biggest challenge facing jobseekers is a lack of jobs and opportunities
- 72% use social media to aid their career or jobs search
- 59% of jobseekers are happy with their work-life balance
- 36% search for jobs on their smartphones
Download this infographic
Embed this infographic
<a href="="http://www.jobs.ac.uk/blogs/simply-better/2013/05/16/infographic-what-do-jobseekers-think/"> <img src="http://www.jobs.ac.uk/enhanced/careers-images/infographics/jobseeker-survey.png" alt="Infographic: What do jobseekers really think?"/> </a>
The results reveal some important statistics that shed light on the attitudes and expectations of current job hunters. Job competition still remains fierce but it’s encouraging to see that jobs.ac.uk is offering some help with nearly three quarters of respondents having found their job via jobs.ac.uk.
What do you think of the results? Sound off in the comments below or contact me directly at email@example.com
Share your comments and feedback