This e-book has been developed to help all those who are considering undertaking a PhD but its focus is on using career decision making approaches to assess and prepare for this rather than on the choice of research topic. Making a decision to undertake a PhD, whether as a current undergraduate or taught postgraduate student or as a career change or development opportunity, involves:
- Examining and researching yourself as well as the opportunities available
- Using this information to make an informed decision and to prepare for the transition to a new experience
Making A PhD Decision – Covering the Following Topics
- Self Awareness
- Why do you want to undertake a PhD?
- Opportunity Awareness
- Making An Informed Decision
- Discover Your Career Decision-Making Style
- Pressures and Expectations
- Preparing For Your PhD
Including interactive sections to help track your progress and further resources for additional information.
Who is this ebook for?
Anyone who is considering undertaking a PhD and wants to use a career decision-making approach to assess and prepare for this rather than the choice of research topic.