Do you know what people see when they search for you online?
At Piirus we’ve created a free Digital Identity Health Check for Academics. Follow the simple steps to give your digital identity a health check, then use our top 10 tips to improve the visibility of you and your research:
- Create profiles on sites that rank highly in search results
- Manage your name by getting an ORCiD identifier
- Make your web addresses easy to find
- Create a single home for your online presence
- Link your online profiles together
- Write guest posts on other people’s blogs to gain more visibility
- Decide if you will have a personal and/or professional digital presence
- Use appropriate images online
- Maximise the potential of your profile biographies to make better connections
- Measure your research impact online
See the full health check to learn how to use each of these strategies to improve your online presence as an academic.
Want to know more? The Thesis Whisperer has written a great post about how you appear in search and is running a Twitter chat on ‘how to shape your scholarly online presence’ on Monday 17th August from 7-7:30pm Eastern Standard Time using the hashtag #survivephd15. It will also be broadcast live on Periscope so why not join in the conversation?
We’d also love to hear what you think, so please share your comments below. Do you have any other top tips on digital identity for fellow researchers?